Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fallen and Moving To Kindle

Fallen Final Review


This was the first book I got for free on RandomBuzzers. And I have to say, I'm super happy I chose it. It was a really good book, albeit a little cliff-hanger-y at the end.


BookFallen (Fallen Book One)
Author: Lauren Kate
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Published: 2012
Pages: 452
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Why I'm Reading It: I got it for free from RandomBuzzers.com. I got to choose it, and it sounded interesting and had a gorgeous cover, with a girl in a forest scene, and a sweeping black dress, weeping into her hands.
Summary: Lucinda Price has been sent to a reformatory, Sword & Cross, after a mysterious fire breaks out at her former school, which she is blamed for. She is surrounded by mysterious "Shadows" that appear a few times a day. At this new school, she meets plenty of interesting characters, including the humorous Cam and dark Daniel. While she tries to figure out who exactly these two boys are, they both battle for her heart.
Rating (Scaled 1-10): 9.5
Review: So, I'm not normally a fan of paranormal romance. I loathed Twilight. It was too overblown. But Fallen draws not from medieval mythology, but from the bible. (SPOILER ALERT) The love interests and host of interesting classmates are all Fallen Angels, battling over the world. 
The mythology is a little hard to understand and jumbled together, but it still was an intense read that managed to keep me up until 3:22 so I could finish the book. The characters are very well rounded, and you learn to understand their motives and what's going on in their minds. Cam gives me the shivers- he's so nice, but then he's just a little creepy.
Daniel was Über cool. He's a super dark character, who also manages to be super friendly. 
The hook is that this is Lucinda's, Luce's, last life to live. She normally reincarnates, but thanks to an epic twist at the end, she is unable to be reborn should she die. And this makes Daniel even more dead-set on protecting his soul mate.
I don't want to give up the ending (as usual), so I'll cut it off here. But its a great read, and I'm going to be blogging the other books in the series once I get a hold of them. 
Read Other Book Reviews: http://www.randombuzzers.com/books/view/fallen/

The Book Of Deacon
Next I'm going to be moving on to a book on Kindle, the Book of Deacon. Some very exciting things for you, my readers: The book (the first of a trilogy) is free!! I'm already halfway done, so I heavily suggest reading it, or picking it up (link below). 
It follows Myranda, a wanderer, as she travels through a world at war, as she discovers herself and a way to end this war that is destroying her beloved homeland. 
So, give it a try, I'll post once I finish it!
Happy Reading!
See Ya Next Time! 
Moni.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...